--> SCM Music Player - seamless music for your Website, Wordpress, Tumblr, Blogger.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Superbowl Sunday

I never really was into football.

And now that everyone is making such a big deal about it this year, with all the snow and all...

I still don't care.
Well, maybe I'll watch the commercials, but I don't care.




You know what's really sad?

I work really hard on my artwork. I really do. And I'm pretty satisfied with the feedback I get.

But I only create one tutorial on how to color, and that gets a 125 faves, as of now. And the picture that I did it over only gets 9.

Really, deviantArt? I give you my all, my hard work, and you return saying that deviantArtists are selfish, caring only about themselves. They only want to know how to get better, to earn that fame.

I know this rant is probably selfishness on my part, but really it shows you how depressing it is. Undoubtedly one of the most depressing things that I've ever experienced.

Let me go cry in my corner... 

3 comments:

  1. What a discouraging feeling. T__T

    By making a tutorial, whether you like it or not, the target audience will always be people who want to get better. That's what they're typing in the search bars. In my opinion, I don't think this is selfish but actually very humble. It is saying, "I don't know how to do this, I want to grow, can you teach me?" However, whether their final goal is selfish or not, I don't know lolol.

    Your tutorial is like a bridge. Its one, sole purpose is to reach out to others... give them insights, tips, etc. Tutorials have very direct and straightforward goals. A lot of people responded to your tutorial, which is great.

    Art is very different. Does it have a target audience? Not usually. Art is so much broader than tutorials. Some people will connect with it, others won't. It is uniquely your expression and your work.

    Because these two things are so different, it's only natural that the statistics won't line up the way you want... but I hope through your tutorial, people will discover you and see what a great artist you are!! ^__^

    HAHAHAHAhaaha sorry this is long.. don't stay down for long~ Keep up your beautiful artwork. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boohoohoo, Allison, you are so right!

    Thanks for the insight!

    I am pretty selfish after all, XD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pshhhhhh you are so not a selfish person. I think everyone feels like that sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful.