--> SCM Music Player - seamless music for your Website, Wordpress, Tumblr, Blogger.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

RIP, Rice-cake

Sunday

No picture of the day, because the selected picture's artist has not replied to my request asking to use it.

My friend, G. L., is writing a manga, Spades. It's an "Alice in Wonderland" type of story. The storyline is ok, and the art is good (for about 5 seconds per picture...). In fact, the art looks sort of like Heart no Kuni no Alice. Also, I have her permission to color it on Photoshop and post it here. 8D (Although that's a lot of pages to color -- she has two books already drawn in spiral notebooks.)

I really want to get a bjd (ball-jointed doll), but they are so expensive. Hundreds of hundreds of dollars. I'm too cheap. Though they look cool (and creepy at the same time)...
This just happened: My hamster, Rice-cake, died. Her death was caused by two main reasons: broken arm that resulted in less exercise, that in turn resulted in paralysis, and neglect. I feel so guilty because I neglected her so much, I feel like a murderer.
What to do...?

Tuesday

I started doing commissions for my friends: Drawings, cards, bookmarks, and more. The reason I started commishing is because I want some funds to go on a mission trip this summer and maybe for an A-Kon. Prices are cheap, starting from $1 and ranging to $5. This is only preliminary though, because my art is not that awesome. I've received 2 commissions so far, one from sounds4nate and one from my friend in class. Both are bookmarks. I've finished coloring some illustrations I'm going to put on there, then I will cut out some pretty shapes in construction paper, add some patterns, glue on paperboard, and laminate it. My friend paid me $1 for her bookmark, but sounds4nate came along and bribed me with $2 to do his first. He later told me he'd give me $5, because of tips and that I was his best friend. (^u^) So happy to be a best friend... 

I need to go to the store to buy some supplies for commissions. I need some good paperboard and more tools to aid in my commishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful.