--> SCM Music Player - seamless music for your Website, Wordpress, Tumblr, Blogger.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hopelessness, and FREE REQUESTS

So pretty much I've been so lazy this summer. School is about to start and I've not finished packing my backpack. My schedule is ok, though all my friends are taking tennis and I'm practically the only Asian doing P.E. I'm such a sucker....

In addition to my LaTaling, I've also been trying my hand at Perfect World. It's a lot more complicated. If you don't like complicated things, don't download it. It's not worth your space and time. As for me on the other hand, Perfect World is fine for me (except for the hopelessly skimpy clothing).

A good series to read: Truancy. About this city which is almost entirely focused on education. And there's the Truancy, a rebel organization made of Truants. There's a lot of fighting. Written by Isamu Fukui. He was only 15 when he started writing these books! He first wrote Truancy (2nd book chronologically through the storyline), then he wrote Truancy Origins (1st book), and the last in the series is Truancy City (3rd), which he is still writing right now. You really have to read it. I read it in the order he wrote it, but if you want to read it chronologically, that's fine. I suggest you don't read the summaries on the inside of the book jackets, because they give a lot away. Just read it.

A good movie to watch: Departures. It's a Japanese movie about a guy who works as an NK agent (you'll figure it out later). The whole story is touching (and has its funny parts too) and it won an Academy Award for best foreign film (I think). And, there's a CELLO! After you watch the movie, you won't be as afraid of dead people as you used to be, I promise. (why is this black?)

In other news....
FREE REQUESTS
Because I'm being nice (and also I feel like trying to gain a bit more publicity) I'm going to have free requests (for art, I mean)! So it can be anything - fan art, original characters, still life, etc. My only requirement is that it has to be decent. No yuri, yaoi, or other stuff. (Did I even spell that right?) So send me an email (therawpotato@gmail.com) comment and I will get back to you as soon as possible. I have ten slots, and currently, only two are filled.

  1. Hemlock2009: Current avi-2. Status: not even started.
  2. Demon-in-the-snow/I know who you are (lol): Shadow king. No link, sorry. Status: not even started.
  3. Empty
  4. Empty
  5. Still empty
  6. Empty
  7. Empty
  8. Empty
  9. Empty
  10. Wish this one was NOT empty
So that's it pretty much. See you all soon.

5 comments:

  1. I saw the movie Departures a few months ago, my mother wanted to show it to her Japanese friend who (whom?), I feel sad to say i cant remember, either plays the cello or really really enjoys it. Anyway, I loved this movie, it was so much calmer and more meaningful than many American movies, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. If i could, I would watch it every year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't convince my parents to buy it (or rent it every year).

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful.