--> SCM Music Player - seamless music for your Website, Wordpress, Tumblr, Blogger.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Apartment and Chess

School is great! Ok, not really, but school is fine. I just don't have any friends in any of my classes. Except in P.E., orchestra, and science. It's sad. Homework is not too bad either; I just forget to put the homework in the pocket rather than file it in my binder. (So I ended up hurriedly finishing it in class, but the teacher forgot to take up the assignment.)

Remember in my last post, I talked about Martin Wattenberg? [link] He created Shape of Song. And I was looking at some of his other works and I discovered.....

This is an example of the program in 2-D
You type random words in and it creates an "apartment" that categorizes your words into different rooms based on their meaning. Like in the picture above, your ID is very much in your closet (hmmm, I wonder why) and your ego is all around the dining room (why? That beats me). And apparently, freud belongs in the bedroom. As you build your apartment, the words may connect with each other or float between rooms. When you save it, you can view other's apartments and see what theirs is focused on. Vision, secrecy, food, glamor....
Thinking Machine

An example of a game
Basically, Thinking Machine is a program that you play chess with, but it shows you what the computer is thinking as it is making a decision. I'm not a big chess fan, so I thought it looked cool, but I'm not spending my time playing it. Sorry, Mr. Wattenberg. They'd actually make you a real chessboard that does the same thing, only if you'll pay the a five-figure sum. More info found here: http://www.bewitched.com/chess.html



So anyways, back to requests. Check my dA regularly for details. http://speckledluminance.deviantart.com

  1. Hemlock2009 - status: complete [link]
  2. Demon-in-the-snow - status: complete [link]
  3. ShavaniDray - status: 30%
  4. My own sister - status: 50%
  5. empty
  6. empty
  7. empty
  8. empty
  9. empty
  10. empty
As of now, I'm also selling bookmarks for $1.50, but I have to know you in person to do that. So sorry, my online buddies! (@o@)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful.