--> SCM Music Player - seamless music for your Website, Wordpress, Tumblr, Blogger.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Cicadas

Was reading The Boat by Nam Le.
It's a great book, filled with short stories.
What I love best about it is that Le is able to change tone and style almost completely, from one story to another. My absolute favorite one so far is "Cartegena." I also think the way Le ends each story is wonderful, though it always seems so sudden. It is as if Le was trying to get you to connect deeply with the character, but he cuts the story off at the point where you are wanting more, more, more.
The only problem I have with it is that practically every story has sexual scenes. Except for "Hiroshima". I understand that these scenes come up now and then, but not every story has to have something like that.
Otherwise, it is a wonderful book. The styles are absolutely mesmerizing.

I went ice-skating on Monday. Fell at least three times. My sister happened to be better than me; the only time she tripped was because I fell on top of her. And a classmate (whom I have frequent arguments with) happened to be there. He skated quite wonderfully. I am jealous.

There was a birthday party too. It was quite fun. And we played "sardines," which resulted in my body being squished into a closet with about ten other people. What loveliness!

Oh yes, here's a beginning chapter of a new story. The next chapter will come out... Let's say, next month?

More pictures! Each one is linked, just if you want to check em out!

 
 
Ciao ~××♥××!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful.