--> SCM Music Player - seamless music for your Website, Wordpress, Tumblr, Blogger.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Thirteen

Why do people have triskaidekaphobia? It's not such a bad number. Just for fun at the people who do, I'll put the number thirteen times here.

13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13 13

Did I creep anyone out yet? I wish....

Well anyways, this 13-obsessed post is inspired again by Number Freak, the book I mentioned in my last post. I guess because 13 is a prime number, and also with the fact that it's next to a near-perfect number, 12, people get freaked out. It's just so funny how superstitious people are, I purposely like thirteen to creep them out.

  • Tuesday the 13th is bad luck in Greece, Spain, and a few other cultures.
  • FDR was a very prominent triskaidekaphobe. And he was so scared of the number, he died on Thursday the 12th, just to avoid Friday the 13th. (Lol, I'm just kidding, you know that?)
  • In our $1 bill, there are 13s everywhere.
    • 13 stars above eagle
    • 13 steps on the Pyramid
    • 13 letters in ANNUIT COEPTIS
    • 13 letters in E PLURIBUS UNUM
    • 13 vertical bars on the shield
    • 13 horizontal stripes at the top of the shield
    • 13 leaves on the olive branch
    • 13 fruits
    • 13 arrows
  • ELEVEN PLUS TWO = 13 = TWELVE PLUS ONE (anagram)
So there's the subject I wanted to mention.

And what do you think about this piece? I feel like it all the time:


I'm in your heart forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful.